Clients are our priority, we protect your rights

  1. Home
  2.  » Custody & Visitation

Putting Your Children’s Needs First

Child custody laws are complex. Trying to resolve child custody and visitation issues can be highly emotional for the parties involved. When dealing with legal issues that could have potentially negative effects on your children, it is important to hire a lawyer who will work to ensure that the needs of your children comes first.

At the Diaz Family Law Firm, you can get the answers you need by speaking with our experienced family law attorney about your rights. We have helped residents throughout the Orlando metro are and across Central Florida navigate tough child custody cases. Our team knows the stress of change, we’ll protect your rights throughout the process.

Find A Parenting Plan That Works For You

When a marriage ends, the court requires both spouses to create a parenting plan that addresses how they will continue to care for their children. Typically, the parenting plan will cover holidays, birthdays, transportation and parental time-sharing.

In Florida, time-sharing refers to the amount of time each parent will spend with the child. Unless the court finds it detrimental to the child, time-sharing is generally granted to both parents as equally as possible. But ultimately, the court will do what they consider is in the best interest of the child.

During the negotiation of a parenting plan, emotions can often run high. We understand that you want to do what is best for your child, but that you also want to protect your parental rights. That is what we are here for. Over the course of our practice, we have helped hundreds of parents obtain parenting plans and time-sharing agreements that satisfy both their needs and the needs of their children. We can do the same for you.

What You Should Know If You Plan On Moving

The state of Florida is a highly mobile part of the country. People routinely move in and out of our cities and communities. This can present conflicts for divorced parents who are sharing custody of their minor children. For a custodial parent to relocate with a child, he or she must first obtain permission from the noncustodial parent. But if the noncustodial parent does not give consent, it may be necessary to petition the court for approval. The court will again consider the best interests of the child.

A relocation is often granted for legitimate purposes such as a new job opportunity. Whether you are the relocating parent or the parent who wishes to prevent the relocation from happening, we will represent you throughout the entire process.

Let Us Help You Iron Out The Details

When it comes to custody, the details matter. From who your child lives with to where they live and everything in between, let an attorney help you figure it out.

Call 352-729-3267 or email us to schedule a free initial appointment our Mount Dora office child custody attorney. Discuss your situation with us and we’ll help develop a plan that works best for you and your child.