Clients are our priority, we protect your rights

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Custody & Visitation
  4.  » Relocation

Know Your Options In A Relocation Dispute

There are various reasons why you might consider leaving your Central Florida home. Whether it is in search of employment or to be closer to your family and friends, sometimes a move is necessary. But although this may represent a new beginning, it can cause major problems if you share custody of your children with an ex-spouse.

Under Florida law, a custodial parent may not relocate more than 50 miles without first giving formal notice to the other parent. Once the noncustodial parent receives the notice, they will have 20 days to either agree or object to the proposed relocation. If the two parents cannot agree to the relocation, a court hearing will be necessary. Should this happen, you will need an attorney to protect your interests.

At the Diaz Family Law Firm, we represent both custodial and noncustodial parents in child relocation disputes. Let us represent you.

Convince The Court Or Your Ex-Spouse

No matter which side you are on, it is extremely important to have a skilled attorney on your team. When dealing with relocation and custody issues, the court always considers what is in the best interest of the children. This means that if the other parent objects, it can be difficult to get relocation approval.

However, with our attorney’s help, it may be possible to convince the other parent or the court that relocation is in your children’s best interest.

Preserve And Protect Your Parental Rights

We have worked with parents like yourself who have faced issues with relocating or the relocation of their kids. Our attorney recognizes that it can be a stressful and highly emotional time. But we are here to work through it with you.

Visit our Mount Dora office for your free initial consultation to discuss the matters at hand. We will work together to preserve and protect your rights as a parent, as well as the best interests of your children. Call 352-729-3267 or send us a message to make an appointment today.